Wednesday 20 August 2014

A Selection of Fossils from the March Formation in Lanark County, Ontario - Part 2

My posting entitled A Selection of Fossils from the March Formation in Lanark County, Ontario  from  September 13, 2013 contained photographs of fossils from a quarry in Lanark County about a five minute drive north of Perth.   On Tuesday I was at the quarry to order a load of gravel for my driveway, and took the opportunity to look for fossils.  Below are photographs of three surfaces that show burrowing parallel to the bedding plane.  Two photographs are provided for each surface.


Interestingly, the quarry manager told me that they have crushed 65,000 tons of rock since I was there last.

Christopher Brett
Perth, Ontario

2 comments:

  1. Your finds never cease to amaze me. I haven't looked at rocks the same since I found your blog. By the way, have you see the rock bed at the Perth Landfill? It's interesting. To the left as you enter right beside the brush pile.

    ReplyDelete